Many of us have a passion for Traveling and is a favorite past time for some. Whether it is a business or an official requirement or just wanderlust, traveling comes with its perks and downside. Carrying cash while traveling is not a secure option, leaving you vulnerable to pickpockets and loss by theft. In such cases, travel credit cards by various banks and financial institutions provide a plethora of opportunities. It becomes a tough choice when it comes to selecting Best Travel Credit Cards.
These can be in the form of credit card flyer miles that you can redeem with any hotel or airline or reward points for a great dining or shopping experience. Travel credit cards come as a lifesaver for travelers and provide a safe and hassle-free journey in domestic or international regions.
With a wide range of attractive options available, selecting the best travel credit card becomes an ardent task on its own. However, a little bit of discernment and analysis coupled with a clear assessment of your travel financial needs can help you zero down to the best credit card suitable for you.
6 Best Travel Credit Cards of 2019
Here is a list of 6 Best Travel Credit Cards for you, provided by leading banks, each with flexible returns and an efficient Rewards and Miles Program.
American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card
This is among the best travel credit cards available to Indian travelers. It provides a wide range of travel gift vouchers and airport lounge access.
- Annual fee of Rs. 3500 for the first year, Rs. 5000 for next years
- Welcome bonus of 5000 reward points
- If you spend Rs 1.9 lakhs annually, you can earn travel vouchers worth Rs. 6000
- If you spend Rs. 4 lakhs annually, you earn 10,000 reward points plus Taj experience gift cards
- For every Rs. 50 spent, you earn 1 reward point
- There is zero liability for a lost card
- Discounts and offers available from makemytrip.com
HDFC Diners Club Black
This is a super premier credit card with magnificent features.
- Provides unlimited airport lounge access to more than 700 international as well as domestic airport lounges
- The annual fee is Rs. 10,000 for the first year, Rs. 5000 in subsequent years. If you spend Rs 5 lakhs, the annual fee for next year will be waived off
- 10,000 reward points as a welcome bonus
- Renewal bonus of 5000 points
- Provides air insurance up to 2 crores
- Rs. 55,000 travel insurance on baggage delay
- Rs 9 lakhs for credit card liability
Visit: HDFC Diners Club Black
See Also: How to Pay off Credit Card Debt?
SBI Air India Signature
This is another among the Best Travel Credit Cards with alluring welcome gifts and rewards programs.
- One time annual fee of Rs. 4999
- A whopping 20,000 reward points as a welcome gift
- On every Rs. 100 spent on air ticket bookings from Air India centers earn you 10 reward points
- On every Rs. 100 spent, you gather 4 reward points
- Up to 30 reward points can be earned through self-booking or by using the official website or the mobile app for Air India
- In addition to this, users can enjoy access to luxury international airport lounge access and complimentary visa lounge domestic airport access
Visit: SBI Air India Signature
See Also: 5 Best Business Credit Cards in 2019
SBI Elite Credit Card
This is a premier credit card for travel that provides milestone benefits. Let us check its special features.
- Annual fee of Rs. 4999 which can be waived if you spend Rs 10 lakhs in a year
- Welcome bonus of Rs. 4999
- If you spend 3 lakhs to 4 lakhs annually, you can proudly earn 10,000 reward points
- If you spend 5 lakhs to 8 lakhs annually, you can deserve 15,000 reward points
- You earn 10 points per Rs. 100 for dining and shopping
- You earn 2 points on all other transactions
- Free 2 movie tickets worth Rs. 500 every month
- There is even a 1% fuel surcharge waiver
Visit: SBI Elite Credit Card
Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card
This credit card will prove very beneficial if you use yatra.com for your travel bookings.
- Annual fee of Rs. 1500 that can be waived if you spend Rs. 4 lakhs
- Welcome gift of Rs 5000
- Yatra voucher for Rs 5000 for spending Rs. 2.5 lakhs
- Privileged access to 8 select airport lounges in India
- If you spend Rs. 100 on all except fuel, you earn 5 reward points
- 15% discount at select fine dining restaurants
Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card
Another gem in the Best Travel Credit Cards Collection, the Citibank Premiere Miles Credit Card caters to your travel requirements in a customized way.
- The card’s annual fee is Rs. 3000 only. If your account in link to a Citibank Priority account, you can enjoy a fee reversal as well for the first year
- It provides an exciting welcome bonus of 10,000 miles if you spend Rs. 1000 or more within the first 60 days of issuance of the card
- There is complimentary access to domestic airport lounges
- There is a never expiring miles program with a variety of options:
- 10 miles on every Rs. 100 spent on airline transactions
- 4 miles on every Rs. 100 spent on other transactions
- 10 miles on flight and hotel bookings at premieremiles.co.in
- Transfer of miles to airline and hotel partners is available
- You can instantly pay with points at select partner outlets. A contactless card feature is also available
With such attractive and exciting offers available, you can hope to have a memorable traveling experience without worrying about your finances. The choice of Best Travel Credit Cards for you will depend on your spending habits, the nature of rewards that you are looking for and benefits available on flights and hotel bookings. So zero into any of these cards and start your journey with a cheer.